Monday, November 4, 2013

Friends


Over the last 48 hours I have thought about the topic of best friends quite a few times.

Saturday I woke and worked through some things, then I decided to try to call one of my dearest friends.  When her husband (who is super wonderful and sweet) answered the phone I was a bit disappointed, then when he told me that she was away and that he had to take a message I began to tear up.  For some reason at that point in time I just wanted to talk to her.  No one else would do.

It was the greatest last night when she returned my call.  She made my day.  She can tell me things that makes me laugh so hard, then she can understand me so well that she can bring tears to my eyes. She is a great listener and I can trust her with anything.

In a true friendship it really doesn't matter how long it has been since you have seen or talked to your friend, because the relationship is always there ready for you to pick up where you left off.

There are just some people that you connect with in life.  They understand you like no one else.



Last night Megan (Doug's sister) arrived.  She has made the giant decision to move here to Norman, Oklahoma.  We were very excited!  She was blessed to travel here with her best friend.  As she watched me while I described talking to my friend she teared up at the fact that she is going to be separating from her friend.  I enjoyed watching the way those two interacted.  They know so much about each other.  I also empathize with her.  It is tough to leave dear friends.


Today I realize how blessed I truly am.  I have had the experience of dear friends.  Those in whom I can trust with parts of my heart.  My dear friends do not ever have in their intentions to use what I have confided in them to injure me.  They are patient and kind and understanding.

I may not have millions of friends, but I can tell you that I truly value the friendship of my good, dear friends.

Thank you so much for being there when I need you.



 

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Doug :-) My name is Heather and I have a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete